Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Smell Ya Later

Today's Freeway Scent: 405 N. smells like baked bread and chocolate croissants.

So far, the only smells I've noticed have been breakfast foods. Even in the afternoon, it's been eggs or toast. I'm trying to reason out a cause for this. First I thought that maybe there's a large Diner District that I drive past on my way to work every day, but that seems unlikely. Less likely is that someone is robbing a bakery supply store, stealing ingredients and stashing the uncooked food under my hood every night and when the car heats up, the food starts to cook. But as much as I like my Bakery Bandit theory, even I'll admit that these types of crimes rarely occur outside my imagination.

Speaking of...of course, my first thought was that I'm imagining these smells. But I know my brain pretty well, and if I'm going to imagine a foodstuffs smell, it's gonna be something I like or crave on a regular occasion, and I've never been a fan of breakfast. The day I smell garlic fries or pasta primavera, I'll accept my scent psychosis.

No comments: